Our front door was neglected and had so much room for improvement. I’ve been trying to decide on a new paint color for a couple of months. First, I was sure it should be navy. Then black. Hubs wanted red (um, no). Then I was inspired by this amazing house. Can I please live there?! I chose Valspar’s “Summer Cottage” (you may recall my use of this same color for the pop of wall color). We actually used it on the door first, and I liked it so much that I bought a gallon of interior paint. I might use it for our bedroom. Or the bathroom. Or both.
Painting the front doors (there are two) sounded like such a simple, easy, quick thing to do. But no. It was an all day project, even with both Hubs and me working on it together. We realized how bad the trim looked – it needed to be scraped and repainted. By the time we made the trip to Lowe’s for paint/supplies, scraped the trim, sanded the doors a bit, taped off the glass, painted three coats of color and two coats of white, cleaned up our mess, most of the day was shot. But the payoff was huge. What a difference a little paint can make. And flowers. And some door bling (aka a wreath).
You can see where we tested the aqua color on the side door. That was a color we had in the garage and it didn’t work out. Hard to tell from this photo, but it was way too bright.
I think I might have a thing for lemons now, too. I did name my blog 86 Lemons, there are lemons on the console table behind our couch and now lemons on my front door. Hmmm….
Stay tuned for an upcoming post on the DIY lemon wreath (so easy).